Aug 28, 2005

my thoughts on katarina

if someone said two months ago that my life could possbly be severly affected by Katarina, i would have thought that meant that a fluzy would seduce my mother into becoming a lesbian and i would be left to fend for myself. i would not have thought that a category 5 hurricane named katarina would possibly destroy my house and most of my possessions.

things i decided to pack:
- the 6th harry potter book
- my school books
- my jewelry (mostly stuff i made)
- a whole lot of fruit roll-ups
- merit cards from all the way back to 5th grade

things my mom wouldn't let me bring that i really wish i would have considering that my house is in significant danger of being flooded for weeks and having no roof:
- all the new school supply stuff i bought (paper, pencils, binders, cds...)
- my dresses (i have about 7 dresses that cost around $100 to $200 each that are most probably going to be floating around the metairie area due to our future lack of roof)

in other matters, senior retreat was awesome. there was bonding, crying, singing, and a whole lot of farting due to the cafeteria's meal of beans the first night. i even lead the senior class in "lean on me," a wonderful accomplishment in my mind.

No comments: