Aug 31, 2005

exchange 2005

due to the wide-reaching devastation of KATRINA, my family has decided that i should go live with Jane in Philly! I will be enrolling in classes at her school (Bryn Mawr) and will be living at her house. Even though i'm pretty sure most New Orleans Sacred Heart students are migrating over to Grand Coteau, I think that going ot good ole Pennsylvania would be better in the long run. I think it's going to work out like a normal exchange, and if New Orleans is inhabitable in the near future and Sacred Heart reopens, I would probably return.

what a surreal situation. One minute the senior class is bonding and talking about "that time that Jordan peed in the elevator" and the next our classmates are dispersed throughout the country without homes. I hope that everyone is safe and that all members of the class of 2006 are able to graduate this year and preferably in new orleans.

I'll be keeping in touch, and I hope to hear from everyone sooner or later. Feel free to comment here with where you are, who you are with, how you are doing, and where you might be going to live/going to school.

Even though this post is mostly vomitously boring, I am TOTALLY psyched about going to live with jane and becoming at least a half-member of the horstmann family! My cell phone, like all my fellow 504-ers are finding out, is not working. HOWEVER, I can still recieve text messages and my mom and my sister's phones can send them!

Do not fear! Hurricane Katrina's wrath will be over soon enough...

No comments: