Feb 16, 2004

Valentine's Day and the Horstmans

Well, as you all probably know, Saturday was Valentine's Day. Now my usual ritual of buying myself candy, watching sappy romance movies and cursing the male race did not occur. Instead, I slept late and when I awoke I proceeded to download 450 songs for the next 4 hours while I progressed to level 8-1 in the addictive Zuma. At 5 I went upstairs, showered, and got dressed, because I (Sarah Jeanne Bernadette Manthey) had a date for Valentine's Day. That's right, guys, don't pee on yourselves. Jonathan and I went to Bravo for dinner and then watched Metairie's finest parade- Caesar- roll by. I, of course, was totally into the parade and even caught some valentine's day panties! w00t. We walked to Puccino's after. Oh, and I got a present- a teddy bear with a little thingie of chocolate and a box of chocolate. They are almost all gone.

Valentine's Day summary << check this out


On Sunday, however, it was a completely different story. I had lunch with Jane's family. Her 3 sisters, Mommy, Daddy, plus Helen's boyfriend Steven came to visit Jane. I'm not feeling the love, fam. We all went to lunch at Galatoire's on Bourbon Street. I tried to sneak a peek at Jonathan in Carrolton, but we didn't see him. Lunch was thoroughly entertaining, and I have decided that I would love to be adopted by the Horstmans and I think I would fit in due to the excesssive tall genes of both of our families. After lunch, we split for a little while and retired to our separate houses/hotel rooms. We reconvened for dinner and had Semolina's and king cake. Mary, Helen, Jane, Sarah, Steven and I saved room for Sonic, though, because due to my Sonic enthusiasm, Jane had told her family about the roller-skating, drive-in fast-food restaurant with awesome cheeseburgers known to many as (dare I speak it's name?) Sonic. Yes, I have a small obsession with Sonic. Well, admitting is the first step. Yes, the Horstmans were very entertaining, and unfortunately my family's humor paled in comparison :(.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Countdown to Mardi Gras: 8 day!

No comments: